Friday 18 December 2015

Take It Make It Challenge: Winners Profile

Hello!
Welcome to our Winners Profile, showcasing the Design Winner of our last Blog Challenge!
The very talented Design Winner of our November 2015 challenge is

 Dot Leathbridge

Dot won the challenge with this amazing card. We loved the immaculate stamping, the placement of all the images, and the hand written script going aroubd the corner just finishes it to pefection!





We asked Dot a few questions all about stamping (well, we are Craft Stamper after all!)

Q: How long have you been a stamper, and how did you get started?
A: I was invited to one of those card parties when my kids were young and I thought it was something that would be fun to do. Then I stopped. Nearly six years ago I started up again when I discovered blogging and the whole world opened up to me! I met the most inspiring and sharing people. I realised that there was so much to learn and explore. I am still learning...and I love the journey that I am on.

Q: What are your favourite kinds of stamps, and do you have a favourite stamp company?
A: Nature, people and the sea are favourite stamp themes for me. There is so much variety out there now. I buy stamps from all over the world but some of my favourite brands are: Stampers Anonymous, Stampendous, Dina Wakely, Finnabair, Art Journey, Visible Image, Deep Red, Kaszazz and Indigoblu. I just love rubber stamps!
 
Q: Describe your style, are you a messy kind of stamper or a more ‘clean and simple’ kind of person?
A: I honestly don't know what my style is. It isn't something I think about. I am trying different styles all the time. My passion is ink and I love to explore all the different things that you can do with it. There are inks that I haven't even explored yet. I am most definitely a 'messy' stamper!

Q:What kind of projects do you like creating the most?
A: Cards are what I have been making for years and I will always enjoy that. But things are changing...as I go to different workshops and try new things, I've decided to start a journal, and canvas's using mixed media is definitely calling my name. For me it is always about being open to new adventures and having fun. Just being creative and enjoying what you do is the main thing.

Q: Apart from stamps, what is the one product you wouldn’t be without when you craft?
A: I chop and change my style a lot so different products come into play. Probably one that crosses over a lot of styles is a good matt multi-medium. I have just discovered Art Basics soft gel and I can't wait to see what I can do with that. (Oh, and then there's my white gel pen and fine-liner too)

We also asked Dot to show us a favourite stamped creation,  and share why she likes it so much. Here is the gorgeous project she has chosen:



"This tiger card was part of my first commissioned piece for a magazine. It is my favourite card in that series. I love how the Dylusions sprays react with the Distress inks, so interesting! I'm still not ready to give this one away! "-Dot


Congratulations on being our November Design Winner Dot , and it was lovely to learn a little more about you!



Do YOU fancy having a winners profile all about you on the CS blog? 
The profile is part of the prize package for each Design Winner of our challenges. All you need to do is enter a creation into the challenge, then if you are voted Design Winner everyone will be reading all about you before you know it!

Our current challenge 'Take A Technique: Share The Season' will remain open over Christmas and New Year!  All the details can be found HERE.

 See you back here on Thursday 7th January 2016
for the announcement of the December challenge Winners! 

6 comments:

  1. So great to read your profile Dot. I love your work and your winning card I think has to be one of my all time fave cards I've ever seen . Looking forward to seeing you in Craft Stamper mag too . xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful design with watery background. Design By Ryn's Water Effects stamps look great as part of the composition.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - this was a fun post! Thanks bunches Dot for sharing such beautiful inspirations. j.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE your work Dot, hope we can enjoy your ART for a long time still!

    ReplyDelete