Wednesday 19 August 2015

Blog extra: Georgina Ford

Hello!
In the September issue of Craft Stamper, Georgina Ford shares a wonderfully colourful project using masterboards. We all loved it, such a great idea!
Georgina is very generously sharing some more ideas on the blog today, so without further ado, let me pass you over to the lady herself!


If you have seen the current September edition of Craft Stamper, then hopefully you have seen and been inspired by my canvas project using Masterboards created with Ken Oliver's Color Burst.

After completing my canvas I still had lovely colourful pieces of Masterboard left, see below.


I have two projects to share with you using the remaining Masterboards; a split canvas and card. I used the same stamp set and stencils for these projects as I used for my magazine canvas. The stamp set is Eclectica Darcy 11 from PaperArtsy and the stencil is Petal A4 from The Artistic Stamper. For these two projects I decided to use the flowers just as they were on the stamp set rather than cutting them up.

For this split canvas I used  two Hobbycraft 10x10cm stretched canvas. The card is a 148x148mm white card blank.


For both projects I started by creating the backgrounds. For the canvas I worked directly onto the canvas. For the card I used a 135x135mm piece of white card for the background with I later attached to the card blank. I used the same background technique as I did for my magazine canvas. This is described in the magazine.


For these two projects I also stamped some of the grasses stamp along the bottom. I coloured this in with Pthalo Green Color Burst. I added the Color Burst powder to a little water and mixed to create a watercolour that I could paint with.


I stamped a selection of the flowers from the Darcy 11 stamp set with a VersaMark ink pad and them heat embossed with WOW Ebony embossing powder. I cut out the flowers and attached them and the background the card blank. I coloured in the stems with Pthalo Green Color Burst. The sentiment, also from the Darcy 11 set, was stamped with Jet Black Archival ink pad.


I stamped the flowerheads onto the Masterboards and again heat embossed with Ebony embossing powder. For the large flower I cut a yellow/orange piece for the base and a pink piece for the top layer. I cut the circles out of the pink layer so the base layer would show through.


I stamped, cut out and attached the remaining flower pieces to the card, as shown below.


For my second project, the split canvas, I started by creating the flowers, as shown below. Again I stamped the flower first onto white card and heat embossed. The flowerheads were then stamped onto the Masterboards, cut out and attached to the flowers.


I positioned the flower on the canvas and then turned the canvas over and marked a pencil link for where I needed to cut.


I cut the flower and attached the pieces to the canvases.


I marked and cut the other two flowers and then attached them to the canvases.


For the circles on the large flowers and the lines on the smaller flower I added Crackle Accents.


I hope you like my two projects using Masterboards and Color Burst. Why not give them a try? Happy crafting!

 

Thank you so much Georgina! Stunning!

5 comments:

  1. Love the whimsical card as well as canvas...Beautiful background!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful work. I fell in love with this newest edition and I think it's my favourite. So many wonderful ideas and inspiration.

    ReplyDelete