Friday 17 April 2015

Take it Make It Challenge: Winners Profile

Hello!
Welcome to our Winners Profile, showcasing the Design Winner of our last Blog Challenge!
The very talented Design Winner of our March 2015 challenge is

 Karen Dunbrook

Karen won the challenge with this fabulous card, showing off her great eye for colour and superb stamping skills:




We asked Karen a few questions all about stamping (well, we are Craft Stamper after all!)

Q: How long have you been a stamper, and how did you get started?
A: I have always crafted since I was a child and loved to craft with my children and now my daycare children.  Since I loved making and giving away cards for birthdays it made perfect sense to stamp then I got seriously hooked on stamping years ago when I found Splitcoast Stampers.    Amazing talent and inspiration there.

Q: What are your favourite kinds of stamps, and do you have a favourite stamp company?
A: I guess I would have to stay my favourite kind of stamps are florals.  I especially love the flower silhouettes as I can colour on them with markers, spray with water and stamp.  I can create them in many blended colours. 
I have many favourite stamping companies especially Penny Black, Hero Arts and Rubbernecker.

Q: Describe your style, are you a messy kind of stamper or a more ‘clean and simple’ kind of person?
A: I would have to say that I am a ‘Clean and Simple’ – a CAS stamper who likes to dabble with techniques and try new things without adding all the layers and embellishments.

Q:What kind of projects do you like creating the most?
A: I create cards.  I can create a card, send it and hope it brings some happiness to brighten the recipient’s day.  Also, it is not a long time commitment as I have such a busy life with my little daycare children.
Q: Apart from stamps, what is the one product you wouldn’t be without when you craft?
A: I couldn’t do without my Distress inks.  There are so many things you can do with them other than just stamping.  Since they blend with water, you can watercolour with them, use them to stencil, sponge or just stamp.
There are so many wonderful techniques for different looks using these inks.

We also asked Karen to show us a couple of her favourite stamped creations,  and share why she likes them so much. Here are the gorgeous projects she has chosen:

"This card was made using my newest obsession Bister.  Bisters are a paint medium that you sprinkle on your paper and spray on water.  The bursts of colour you can achieve are wonderful using them." -Karen


"This card was created by using a favourite technique of mine....Embossing Folder Stamping.  You ink the inside of your embossing folder then spray with water and press your paper into the wet ink.  I use Distress inks on mine.  It is such a wonderful way to get more mileage from your folders." -Karen



Congratulations on being our March Design Winner Karen, and it was lovely to learn a little more about you!

Do YOU fancy having a winners profile all about you on the CS blog? 
The profile is part of the prize package for each Design Winner of our challenges. All you need to do is enter a creation into the challenge, then if you are voted Design Winner everyone will be reading all about you before you know it!

Our current challenge 'Take A Technique : Colour' is still open for a few more days! All the details can be found HERE.

See you next Friday for the announcement of our April Winners! 

14 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Karen! All your cards are gorgeous, but that red beauty was truly a show stopper!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulation Karen, your card is beautiful :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations your cards are gorgeous. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations Karen. I took a look at your blog and you do wonderful work. I also recognize you from Splitcoast Stampers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so very much everyone and to the magazine for this feature...very appreciated!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations to Karen! Her cards are always so pleasing, so I'm not at all surprised to see that she's your winner! Love your style, Karen, especially your work with embossing folders and distress inks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so very happy for you, Karen! I am glad your great art is being acknowledged in this forum. Well done, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WTG Karen !! What an honor to be picked as the Design Winner for the month of March... Love all your cards, especially the ones using Bister and distress inks !!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats Karen! I have loved your cards for quite a while. So happy for you to be featured here.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You could not have chosen amore deserving stamper to honor. Karen is not only creative and talented, but she introduces other stampers to the techniques she uses, describing them in a way that helps others to grow in their craft. Also....she is an inspiration to all.

    Congrats, my friend.......well deserved honor. Your sinning card is absolutely gorgeous.....truly fit for publication!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well done Karen!! I learn so much following your blog. You are so talented, creative and innovative. Great article and congrats on being the featured stamper for March! Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats, Karen! Your talent really shines through in this feature! So happy for your well-deserved recognition!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks again mfs...you are bringing tears to my eyes...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats Karen! I REALLY love all your cards!

    ReplyDelete