Wednesday 1 April 2009

Artsy Crafts

Am back from a fabulous weekend at the Artsy Crafts event run by PaperArtsy and LB Crafts. I had a super fabulous time and met lots of nice people, including meeting Jo Firth-Young and Kate Bentley from the CS team for the first time.

The weekend started with a fun name badge project using Ten Second Studio metal. It was brilliant to get straight into techniques! Fabulous project but my attempt was not my best ever effort! I made a horrible mess and was reminded of the reason I got rid of my alcohol inks!!!

The second project was a candle project which I can show you. Lots of fabby new product here. This is a sneaky peek of the brand new Squiggly Ink stamps which are all themed around castles. We also got to play with the brand new Croco crackle paints and Ferro paints - the former is a one-step crackle (works really well) and the second has iron filings in it: The texture is fab but the pots weigh a ton! The base is made from an inked CD and the border from Ten Second Studio metal which has been stamped and embossed.



The main project we made was a beautiful little cabinet full of treasures - mine is still 'in progress' but I am determined to complete it so more of that on another day.
We also made a lovely platter. I went for the blue and green table (each table was colour themed and we were encouraged to move around to get a range of projects). I chose an unusual colour scheme but I was going for nautical so I could pop the bowl into my bathroom. The panels are metal that has been drowned in Glimmer Mist (I used Turquoise with Irridescent Gold to get the greenish blue shade).


I had a wonderful weekend - thanks for Lin and Leandra for the wonderful inspiration and 'hello' to all the ladies who I met over the weekend.

See you all soon,
Katy
PS - New mag is out on Friday this week - just two more days.

6 comments:

  1. hi katy

    great work.

    my friend and i run a challenge blog for postcards I was hoping you could add it to your sidebar for us please?

    http://sundaypostcardart.wordpress.com

    thank you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you enjoyed a fabulous weekend ... I REALLY love the platter you made. It would look gorgeous in my bathroom too LOL!
    Can't believe the new mag is due out this week 'cos I'm still reading the last one!

    Luv'n'Stuff
    Max
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two wonderful project. Bet you had lots of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow wow wow how jealous am i????

    can't wait to see those stamps in person and have a play!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant, so much detail, love the colours too...sounds like you had a great time. :0)

    ReplyDelete